Saturday, July 2, 2011

Six Weeks In Cuenca

On my usual walk into town I realized that Sharon and I have been in Cuenca for six weeks. I enjoy watching the street entertainers at the Solano Ave traffic lights and there is always a photo or video opportunity in El Centro. The biggest challenge remains understanding and speaking Spanish.  I try to stop off each day at one or two local merchants to order something and use my developing Spanish vocabulary. There is a great Yogurt Tienda on Benigno Malo right near Cafe Austria.  I usually buy 4 small pan de yuca rolls and a small raspberry yogurt shake. 

This morning I noticed that several elderly indigenous women came up to the owner and greeted her with a "Buenos Dias".  The owner then gave each woman some coins. I would like to find out more about this. Maybe in a week or two I'll be brave and ask the owner.

Mas tarde.

No comments:

Post a Comment