Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Long Walk

Once a week I try to walk to someplace unusual or to a place I usually take a taxi or bus. Today I decided to walk to Coopera, the local food cooperative to buy pitahaya (dragon fruit). On the way I bumped into a fellow American. Clarke has been here for over a year and I have been living in Cuenca just short of 2 months. We have bumped into each other by acccident 4 times in less than 8 weeks. Cuenca's population is about the population of Portland Oregon.  He invited me to lunch and we had a great Almuerzo for $2.50 which consisted of soup, juice, chicken, rice, macaroni salad, plantain and a banana for dessert.  We then parted company and I went to the Food Coop. On the way back I got on the wrong bus so my walk was a little longer.

My wife asked me if I was too tired to walk along the Yanuncay River by our apartment.  We enjoyed the cool weather and the great scenery by the river.


Note to self. Learn how to say "13" in Spanish

No comments:

Post a Comment