Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Graffiti, Street Art And The Machete Juggler

All cities have their share of graffiti.  When I lived in the New York there was one year your eyes were immediately asaulted with the graffiti on the subway cars. It seems to me that Cuenca has more than their share of graffiti for a city of 400,000 people. Is this the work of bored teenagers or gangs?  Fortunately, there is a lot of good street art that compensates for the graffiti.  In the video below I walk on Calle Larga and document some of the street art and graffiti.  I end up on Solano to witness a juggler throwing machete's in the air.  Never a dull moment in Cuenca.

1 comment:

  1. Wait, juggling machetes?! Hard work.
    Some of the street art is amazing. I loved the dogs. I was able to seee much more detail by clicking on YouTube to see the movie in a larger format. Thanks for this non-typical tour of Cuenca.

    ReplyDelete